Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow Day!

6 inches of snow, 4 people w/a stomach virus, and 10 hrs. without power
That was my week last week, how was yours???



The snow was absolutely AMAZING!  I know for all those living everywhere else in the country are absolutely sick of it, but for me and my family it was incredible!  I've lived in Texas now for almost 12 yrs, and I haven't seen so much snow in that long of a time.  So I'm gonna just be all nostalgic about the snow now....... When I woke up Sat. morning, it was all so beautiful and peaceful outside. 
Now, i grew up in Indiana and Iowa, so I know snow, Joe and I went to Vail on our honeymoon (March).  But after years of not being around snow, it was beyond belief. 

All that snow brought back so many memories of when I was growing up.   We lived in Goshen, IN when I was younger, we moved to IA in 1989. 
I remember waking up in the morning after a good snow, and listening to the radio, very, very closely to see if school was cancelled.  My dad had this big plow and he would plow our driveway and then go down the street and plow some of our neighbors driveways.  We lived on a dead end street, so the snow plows would plow our street and leave this huge "hill" of snow, so we all would play on that  all day.  We would "hitch" our dog Prince to the sleds and he pulled us down the street.  It was awesome.  We would be bundled up in our coats, hats, scarves, snow pants.  Just some really fun memories.  I can't remember where we went to go sledding, I think it was just a park nearby, it had this huge hill, and it would get pretty icy, and man you would just go flying down this hill.

Our kids have seen snow before, but of course not this much.  So they had an absolute blast.  It snowed all day Friday, so Nelson especially was out there alot , playing in it and making snowballs, and throwing them at anyone and everything. 
Saturday morning, before it all melted away, we all went outside, made our "Snow Family" and had a snowball fight.  It was fun.

It was wonderful while it lasted and I'm glad it's gone and it's supposed to be 60* tomorrow! I'm definately getting out my flip flops!

Here are some pics of the snow, I ended up taking over 100 pictures, of course I deleted some....but I was suprised by how many when I downloaded them.....

Out our front door, I took a whole bunch of photos from the same spot to "record" the snow falling. This was Saturday morning.




Our Snow Family


and then just a fun one of the shirt I made for Valentine's Day!



Hope y'all have a good day!
Sarah


No comments: