Saturday, January 9, 2010

I"m here but very cold!

I am cold.  It is not supposed to get this cold in Texas.  Yesterday, on the way to the grocery store it was 15 degrees, today it was 22 this morning.  This is cold, i don't like it at all!  I think that being so cold is draining me of my energy. It is hard to get anything done, let alone be motivated when it is that cold outside.

So, I think we are almost thru the first week of this new year 2010, and let's see how am i doing on my goals for this year, not so good, but alas, tomorrow is Sunday, and it starts a new week and I'm going to start over. 
At least the kitchen is cleaned, and my room is picked up, the kids rooms are clean, so that is good.  Cleaning is the hardest thing for me to do. I don't like it at all. I will avoid it at all costs.  So this year, I am following FlyLady, I'm sure everyone has heard of her by know, but if not here is her website.  If you sign up, she will send you daily emails, telling you what to clean.  The tasks are always easy, and only take a few minutes, for example: clean all the cobwebs off the ceiling or dust off the light fixtures.  It is helpful to me because, she helps me to remember to clean the little stuff. 
Another reason I want to follow her this year and really stick to it, is I don't want my mom to do so much cleaning when she is here to visit.......
Enough about cleaning!

So, I made this tonite




Cherries "N" Spice Cobbler

2-16 oz. cans red cherries tart, pitted
1 c. sugar
3 TBSP cornstarch
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. cloves
1 can refrigerated cinnamon rolls
1 tsp. lemon peel

Preheat oven to 450*
Drain cherries, reserving 1 c. juice. Place cherries in a 2-quart round baking dish, set aside
In a small bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and cloves. Stir in 1 c. cherry juice, mix until smooth. Pour over the cherries and stir.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbling vigorously around the edges. Place rolls, cinnamon-side up, in a single layer over hot cherry mixture.  Reduce heat to 400* and bake 15 minutes longer or until rolls are golden brown.
Spread rolls with icing and sprinkle with lemon rind.
Serve warm.

This is a really good recipe, I love cherry pie, so this is yummy!  I got the recipe from http://www.dinewithoutwhine.com/.
Oh, and I forgot the lemon rind, totally didn't miss it :)

I'm off to enjoy another piece!!
Sarah


1 comment:

Kim said...

Where's mine? I will send you my address and you can mail it to me. It looks sooooooo good!