Tuesday, January 26, 2010

ShillyShally!

I think shillyshally is a nicer way to say procrastination. 


I'm a shillyshallier!  This is way I have been absent lately.  I dislike this quality in me the most....... I keep putting off and putting off things and when I do get around to doing them, I am so behind, I can't finish them like I want or planned on......

So, this week, in hoping to help with my problem of shillyshalling, I made a list.  A list of all the things that needed to be done, or I would like to get done this week.  Amazingly, it really isn't that long!  I'm a visual person, so seeing everything written down, helps me focus on what needs to be done...... so instead of wandering around, knowing in my head what needs to get done, I just reference this list and work on some small part of it. 

And since it is almost Wednesday, so far so good.....I've gotten a few craft projects done, some items made for my booth, and the house is fairly well cleaned.  I changed the sheets on the beds today, The laundry is caught up, so overall pretty good.  I've worked a little bit with Nelson on his reading for school.  The only two things, I haven't addressed yet is exercising and practicing the piano. 

Of course, like almost every child, I took piano lessons when I was younger, and have regretted not continuing with them every since I quit.  Well, I happen to be garage saling one day and came across this piano for $50! (+ 2 hrs of moving by my husband and his brother) I couldn't resist!!!!!  I mean $50! So, I have a beginners piano book and have played occasionally, and it does need to be tuned, but right now, I don't have $80, but it isn't too bad.....

That is my confession for today! 
Anyone have some tips for me, to help me quit shillyshalling???? ( I would sure appreciate them :) )

I do need to apologize.  I was planning on posting about my shopping addiction, but I'm having difficulty putting it into words, and making sure that it makes sense.... so when I get that figured out, it will defintely be  a post....

Sarah

1 comment:

Kim said...

I have never heard shillyshalling before. You are too funny!